Land boundary Agreement signed between the two nations , Bangladesh and India , finally put an end to the 41 years old border dispute. Fresh $2 billion for the line of credit along with the earlier $800 million was promised to be implemented as earliest.
With ink, India has now control of 510 acres of land .On the other side Bangladesh will control 10,000 acres of land.
Land Boundary Agreement that provides for exchanges of 161 enclaves of the two nation. A total 111 border enclaves will be provide to Bangladesh in exchanges of the 51 enclaves that are going to be the part of India.
Agreements were signed on the first day of prime Minister Modi’s visit ,witnessed by Sheikh Hasina , Bangladeshi Premier and Mamata Banerjee, west Bengal Chief Minister.
LIST OF AGREEMENTS SIGNED DURING BANGLADESH VISIT:
- Enactment of 1974 Land Boundary Agreement an its 2011 protocol.
- Letters of the procedures for the implementation of the 1974 Land Boundary Agreement Exchanged between the two nations.
- Renewal of the Bilateral Trade Agreement.
- Coastal Shipping Agreement Between the Nations.
- Renewal of Inland water Transit and Trade and its Protocols.
- Epistle of prevention of Human- Trafficking.
- Epistle of Prevention of circulation and smuggling fake currency notes.
- Agreement on Bus Services between Dhaka-Shillong-Guwahati.
- Agreement on Bus Services between Kolkata-Dhaka-Agartala.
- Epistle for Extending a New Line of Credit (LOC) of $2 million between the government of the two nations.
- Notaions on Coastal Gurads.
- Bilateral Cooperation Agreement in the field of standardistaion between the Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institution and Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
- Memorandum of Understanding for the Use of Chittagong and Mongla Ports.
- Projects of SAARC under India Endowment for Climate Change(IECC).
- Notations on Indian Economic Zone.
- Cultural Exchange Programmes For the years 2015-17.
- Decisions on Bangladesh-India Education Cooperation.
- Agreement for leasing of international bandwidth for internet between Bangladesh Subbmarine Cable Conpany Limited (BSCCL) and Bharat Sanchar Nagra Limited (BSNL) at Akhaura.
- Permission letter by Insurance Development and Regulatory Authority (IDRA) , Bangladesh to Life Insurance Cooperation (LIC), Bangladesh allows India to start its opertation in Bangladesh.
- Epistle on Blue Economy and Maritime Cooperation in the Bay of Bangal and the Indian Ocean.
- Agreement on Oceanogarphy of the Bay of Bengal between Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India and University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Understanding Agreement between University of Jamia Milia Islamia, India and University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh.