To create a boot-able usb flash drive manually. All you need is window 8 iso file and a usb flash drive(8 GB or max) we are going to use the command prompt . to do this please follow these steps :-
1. Plug in your usb flash drive in any port in your laptop or computer.
2. First go to start or in search-navigation (in windows 8 or 8.1) and type ‘cmd’ and right click. And click on ‘run as administrator ‘ ,command prompt will be opened.
3.Now type “diskpart” . wait for DISKPART program to be run.
4.now type “list disk” .it will show you the active disks as disk 0 ,disk 1..identify your usb drive according to memory size given (mine 14GB with listed ‘disk 1’).
5.now “select disk 1” and hit enter. (disk ‘1’ may vary according to your listed number.)
-> now type “clean” and hit enter (WARNING:- it will erase all data in the usb ).
->type “create partition primary” and hit enter .
- Type “select partition 1” and hit enter.
- Type “active” and hit enter.
- Type “format fs=fat32 quick” and hit enter (you can also use NTFS in the place of FAT32 but. NTFS is not supported by some platform so I recommend FAT32).
- Type “assign” and hit enter (it will a letter for usb drive ).
- Now type “exit” and hit enter (it will close the DISKPART program ).
- Now Close cmd.
6.open your folder or drive where your ‘windows 8 or 8.1 iso’ file locate. And right click on it and click on “extract files” . (I am using ‘winrar’ for extracting files from iso. You can also copy normally all windows file by opening the .iso file with any iso or image viewer).
-> after clicking on extract files. Find your usb flash drive ,select it and press “ok” ..it will extaxt all the files in your USB drive. Wait for completion !
—that’s it— your USB flash is bootable with windows .
—restart your pc and select boot manager by pressing F12 or F11 (selection may vary according to your pc) . then select ‘USB flash drive’ option. and go ahead with your Installation process. good luck!