The biggest music awards Grammy’s held yesterday in Los Angeles, California. It was the 58th year of Grammy award. Taylor Swift’s 1989 took the album of the year award at the Staples Center and she was the first woman to win the prize twice. Having opened the show with a version of her hit Out of the Woods and the Taylor swift made a defiant speech which seemed to allude to her argument with Kanye West earlier in the week. The rapper’s new song Famous, referring to Swift, claims “I made that bitch famous.”
In her speech she also added “I want to say to all the young women out there – there are going to be people along the way who are going to try to undercut your success or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame.”
Adele’s challenge in doing so wasn’t made any easier by sound problems that plagued her performance. She performed a delicate, intimate rendition of “All I Ask,” from her 2015 album 25, while fighting against issues with the accompanying piano. At the very beginning of the song, before Adele begins to sing, you can hear a clanging sound over the piano. Adele later confirmed that this was caused by a mic falling into the piano and bouncing on the strings.
List of Winners
- Song of the Year : “Thinking Out Loud” Ed Sheeran
2. Best Rap Album : “To Pimp A Butterfly” Kendrick Lamar
3. Best Country Album : “Traveller” Chris Stapleton
4. Best New Artist : Meghan Trainor
5. Album of the Year : “1989” by Taylor Swift
6. Record of the Year : “Uptown Funk” Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars
7. Best Dance Record : “Where Are Ü Now” Skrillex and Diplo with Justin Bieber
8. Best Pop Duo : “Uptown Funk” Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars
9. Bets Urban Contemporary : “Beauty Behind the Madness” The Weeknd
The 58th annual ceremony enlisted an impressive slate of performers, with Taylor Swift opening the show, Lady Gaga paying tribute to David Bowie, and the Weeknd making his Grammy debut, in addition to Justin Bieber performing his EDM hit “Where Are Ü Now” with Skrillex and Diplo.